Friday, March 16, 2012

Gluten-free Dairy-free Banana Cake

This is a recipe Jacob made up and then I modified it a bit. SO good with a cup of tea or coffee. Ideally, the end result should be a spongy, moist banana cake/bread. It's equally delicious hot out of the oven or cold from the fridge.


Banana cake

Dry:
2 rounded TBSP coconut flour (sifted)
2 rounded TBSP almond flour or meal
1 TBSP arrowroot powder
1 TSP baking powder
1/2 TSP salt
1/4 cup of raw cane sugar or honey
1-2 TSP cocoa powder (optional)
1 TSP cinnamon (optional)

Wet:
4 egg yolks
1 TSP vanilla
2 medium very ripe bananas or 3 small bananas

4 egg white beaten until stiff

Mix dry and wet ingredients separately then mix together. Gently fold in egg white then pour into a greased 8x11 pan.  Bake 370 for about 20 minutes


2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for improving my recipe. My little girl is all grown-up!! I was only planning on having a little bite but found myself competing with the kids for the last piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks husband. I shocked myself in improving what you created because that just never happens.

      Delete